Pushing ourselves to go further, untethered from the past.
The future should look different.
- Embodying new environmentally responsible principles.
- Not constrained into harmonising with the aesthetics of the exploitative past.
- Making a strong positive contrast to outdated thinking and behaviours.
The future should stick out, not like a sore thumb, but a healing one.
Being aware that diverse and unorthodox thinking is required to unlock complex solutions.
- Keeping ourselves on our toes, so we don’t rest on our laurels.
- Applying local solutions to global challenges, rather than accepting imposed universal standards.
- Encouraging diversity so that we ‘break step’, like soldiers crossing a bridge, to avoid concentrations of consumption that stress resources, rather than encouraging us all to demand the same thing at the same time.
Promoting a culture of dissent to avoid suffocating conformity.